Saturday, September 26, 2009

Lake District Day One

This is from Yorminster Cathedral in Yorkshire.  Evensong was about to begin, so a choir was practicing while we were walking around.  Mom, I thought you would enjoy this! :) Yorkminster is the largest cathdral north of the Alps.  Like many of the cathedrals and abbey's we have attended, the history of these places lies in the stained glass windows.  Because so many people could not read, the stories would be engraven on the windows by way of picture.  

The first day also consisted of visiting the Bronte Sister's village and home.  I had both videos and pictures of Haworth (the village), however, as my memory card filled up, I had to begin picking the cream of the crop and the Bronte pictures just were not cutting it.  

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea about the stained glass windows... that's beautiful. And thanks for the video, really enjoyed listening to the music... it was almost as good as being there. Oh wait, not so much, but I can imagine :)

    ReplyDelete