Friday, September 18, 2009

St. John Cathedral in Hampstead

Our first outing at Hampstead was St. John's Cathedral, it appears there is a St. Johns everywhere :).  We spent much of our time in the cemetery encircling the cathedral.  The foliage was incredibly overgrown, there was moss growing on the tombs, and squirrels climbing up the trees. The graveyard was dated back to the 1700's, which I thought was pretty darn cool, if I say so myself!
This sketch is of the picture above.  It's a little rough.. But hopefully they will get a tad better as the months roll on!  It was such a neat experience to sketch, I spent a good hour just standing there drawing.  This little man with his dog even sat down to watch! You can call me Artist Nicole (pronounced with a French accent).  
This is my friend and bunkmate Lisa.  We were quite the pair!
This is one of my practice shots for Humanities.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. since when did you learn to sketch THAT well?? That's beautiful! Antha would be proud. And the pictorial for humanities is beautiful. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I didn't see that picture! (The practice shot, I mean.) That's a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete